Certified Home Health Aide
CHHAs play a crucial role within the home. CHHAs are the ones to care for the patient once the additional care for a loved one becomes pertinent. Caregivers are dedicated to understanding Blood Bourne Pathogens and Needle Stick Safety. Also the importance of recognition of Child and Elderly Abuse, Neglect, and Domestic Violence and how to deal with these situations.
About the course
Our online Home Health Aide training program allows you to learn around your schedule. Students can train in the privacy and comfort of their own home. The requirements to be certified is a minimal of consisting 60 hours of online course work and 16 hours of clinical site practice.
The main requirements are internet access and a computer. Libraries provide free internet and computer access. In addition, computer laboratories are available on all three campuses of E & S Academy across New Jersey.
Home Health Aide trainees are required to travel to the testing site a minimum number of days by the end of the course. Once the course work is completed at the comfort of a student’s home, the home health aide examination is required to be taken at our approved testing facilities.
- Certified Home Health Aide course cost: $400.00 USD.
- Estimated time: 4 weeks of self-paced online learning.
- Upon enrollment, students will select the preferred start date for our monthly available courses.
- Virtual Instructors are available for questions and support.
- Our training includes 60 hours of interactive videos, lectures, and quizzes plus 16 hours in-person at the end of the course.
- 24/7 access to the course from anywhere on any smart or mobile device for four weeks.
- Clinical practice is required for course completion. In-person clinical practice can be completed during morning or evening sessions.
- Assistance with the NJ Board of Consumer Affairs application process for licensure is offered.
- Courses are approved by the NJ Board of Education.
- Guaranteed employment offered after full licensure.
Preview of Our E-Learning Platform
How to Enroll
- Make sure you are choosing the course of your preference and you have checked the bundles we have available
- Click on Enroll Now in the upper part of the page
- You will be redirected to the checkout process, please fill out the personal information and the payment method.
- After purchasing the course, complete the enrollment application by submitting a copy of two forms of U.S. Government ID’s, Social Security Card using the upload option at the end of the enrollment application.
- Start your healthcare training once you have completed all the steps above. If you have any questions please call our support team 844 372 2233
What will you learn
Students will learn everything they need to know about the fundamentals of this valuable career as a Home Health Aide, Personal Care Assistant, or Caregiver/Caretaker.
This course also points out main aspects of Employee Safety as well as Back Safety which is a very important topic in today’s world. The last lecture of this course introduces the topic of Pain Management and its various aspects.
- Responsibilities and Ethics
- Psychology Fundamentals
- Nutrition and Health
- Infection Prevention Through Vital Signs
- Personal Care Medications: What You Should and Shouldn’t Do
What our students say
Results after course completion
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, caregiver jobs are expected to grow 33% by 2030. You’ll play an important role in client care and have a rewarding career knowing you’re helping people in need.Caregivers are industry experts; learn more about joining our team. Of course, if you need a health aide to care for a family member, our compassionate caregivers are an excellent choice.Usually all the graduates from our certified caregiver course received a promise of employment during the course to start working in our partner company E&S Home Care Solutions.
E & S Academy works with over 100 employers throughout the United States, in efforts to assist employers and graduates to get connected through our Job Network. Employers across the state welcome all of E & S Academy’s graduates to apply and offer hands on and on-the-job training upon hire. Our mission is to create qualified Healthcare professionals within the communities all over the United States